FLU VACCINATION CLINICS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR BOOKING!
If you are registered to book appointments or order your prescriptions online at Alexander House Surgery with Patient Access, you will now be able to see your allergy and immunisation records as well.
Please ask at Reception for details of how to register for this online service.
Patient Extended Access Evening and weekend appointments now available -see Further Information Section for more details.
Put Patients First
General practice is facing a growing crisis, as it struggles to provide the care needed by an increasing patient population. Ballooning workloads, declining resources and an overstretched workforce are placing huge strain on services that remain the first point of contact with the health service for most of the UK public. This is bad news for patients, who face longer waits for appointments to see their GPs and a lower level of care than their GPs want to provide. Too often non-urgent care is being provided in our hospitals, at great expense, when most people want to be looked after in their local community.
We need your help!
Your help will be vital to reversing the decline in resources invested in general practice so that GPs can deliver the improvements to care we want to achieve. We need your ideas and involvement so that together we can make a difference to patient care:
1. Read about the crisis in general practice and our case for change
2. Read about our vision for patient care
3. Take action to support our campaign
4. Stay informed and join in the conversation:
Facebook - www.facebook.com/rcgp.org
Twitter - @rcgp #putpatientsfirst
Your GP Cares
Your GP Cares is a campaign that was launched recently by the General Practitioners Committee (GPC) to highlight the challenges that we face in general practice.
General practice is currently facing massive challenges relating to workload, recruitment and retention without any realistic solutions that are clear and visible.
The GPC is asking for long-term sustainable investment in general practice to:
- Attract, retain and expand the number of GPs.
- Expand the number of practice staff.
- Improve premises GP services are provided from.
The environment in which GPs are striving to provide services is increasingly challenging.
The burning issues are:
- An increased demand on general practice caused by demographic changes, more complex health needs and some care moving out of hospitals is all contributing to unsustainable pressures on GP services.
- Based on the current number of doctors working as GPs, and the staff who support them in the general practice team, there are simply not enough hours in the day to meet everyone’s needs.
- Practices are struggling to recruit to vacant posts in their practices and to find locum cover so that patients can still be seen if a colleague is sick or absent.
- The increasing demand and workload pressures are leading to low morale and stress causing many GPs to leave the profession or to consider early retirement.
- Many GP practice buildings are old and need investment to create more room for patients to be seen or simply to make them fit for purpose.
- GPs and their practice teams must have greater support to deliver high quality services that meet the requirements of all their local patients.
Please take the time to what this short video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4CVGlSDP8